Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 5: Wikis

Out of the listed examples I enjoyed the Book Lovers Wiki the most. The fact that I love to read didn't hurt. All of the examples seemed functional. The staff training & support wiki for Antioch University is really comprehensive. They even have a guide for how to water the plants!

The library system that I work for has several wikis. We also have one that is campus specific to keep staff up to date on procedures, library news, etc. The wiki that is used the most system wide is one that is for keeping track of who currently has what professional journal. The idea is to get the journals routed more efficiently.

Today I received a invitation to the VIVA ILL Wiki. I submitted my first post shortly thereafter. I think this WIKI will be really helpful for those of us involved in ILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment